Confederate Truths: Documents of the Confederate & Neo-Confederate Tradition from 1787 to the Present.
- Washington Peace Convention of 1861 proposes amendments to the U.S. Constitution
- Alexander H. Stephens' speech before the Virginia Secession Convention
- Virginia Proposes an Amendment to the Constitution
- Florida Secession Convention speeches on why secession is necessary
- Alabama Resolutions on how to avoid secession by safeguarding slavery
- Louisiana Commissioner Geo. Williamson urges Texas to secede to preserve the blessings of African slavery.
- Secession Commissioner S.F. Hale of Alabama urges Kentucky to secede to avoid racial equality and the lust of half-civilized Africans.
- Essay, State of the County by James Thornwell, January 1861
- Texas Secession Convention, A Declaration of the Causes Which Impel the State of Texas to Secede from the Federal Union, February 2, 1861