Confederate Truths: Documents of the Confederate & Neo-Confederate Tradition from 1787 to the Present.
Reconstruction and Fusion
- Robert Lewis Dabney sees African Americans as a sordid, alien taint, and is against their education
- A proposed Lee Association
- Alexander H. Stephens's prison diary with his views on white supremacy and slavery as a benevolent system.
- Jefferson Davis's white supremacist and pro-slavery views in his memoirs published in 1881
- Robert E. Lee Sr. advises Robert E. Lee Jr. that African Americans are their enemies and not to hire them.
- Robert E. Lee, against employing African Americans